In this course, trainees learn how to be safe and productive with one of the true, all-weather workhorses of mining and heavy construction: the articulated haul truck (ADT). When conditions are adverse or when you've got a worksite with close quarters requiring tight turns, or you need a hauler that can go where others can't, it's tough to beat the articulated haul truck.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify and understand articulated haul truck features, functions and major components.
• Understand key safety topics related to this truck and working around other equipment.
• Understand the steps for safe, efficient and productive loading, operating and dumping.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Review the content of the entire course.
• Explain the importance of operator responsibility and attention to the operator’s manual.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Truck
• Identify important components of the truck and what they do.
• Discuss warning signals and their meaning.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Identify the main areas of the truck that must be inspected before and after use.
• Examine possible broken or missing parts.
• Discuss the importance of inspection to ensure the safety of the operator and surrounding workers.
Lesson 4: Loading
• Explain the main aspects of loading an articulated truck:
• Overall safety
Lesson 5: Hauling
• Describe in depth how to use the truck for hauling.
• Define conditions that may be hazardous, such as rough roads or limited visibility.
• Focus on important areas of hauling including; load balance, damage reduction, and using the retarder.
Lesson 6: Unloading
• Understand dump areas, as well as dumping methods.
• Examine how to continue operating safely in the presence of an incline or other hazards.
Final Exam – 23 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 23
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
60-120 mins | SCORM | firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days