The purpose of this course is to help you become a skilled, productive, and safe dozer operator, as well as provide you with the knowledge of how to help reduce operating and maintenance costs. As you proceed through this course, you'll learn about the machine, how it works, and how to inspect it on a daily basis. You'll also learn how to control and operate the machine.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the important role of the dozer.
• Identify the components and controls used for safe operation.
• Understand key safety topics related to pre-use inspection and start up and shut down.
• Identify basic and advanced operating skills required of a dozer operator.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Review the content of the entire course.
• Overview of a dozer and basic safety.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Dozer
• Identify important components and controls of the dozer and what they do.
• Identify instrumentation and gauges.
• Discuss warning signals and their meaning.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Recognize the importance of wearing personal protective equipment.
• Understand why pre-use and post-use inspections help avoid costly repairs and downtime.
• Be able to conduct a proper pre-use inspection of the machine.
• Know how to recognize and report any mechanical problems with the dozer.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Identify risks to watch for during operation.
• Demonstrate safe pre-start procedures.
• Perform proper warm up and starting procedures.
• Prepare to complete basic machine operations.
• Examine the locations and ways to safely park, cool down, and shut down the dozer.
Lesson 5: Dirt Operations
• Identify proper ways to push, slot doze, and spread material.
• Examine all the elements in planning a job for effectiveness and productivity.
• Recognize safe practices for working near others.
• Discuss the best way to tow other equipment.
Final Exam – 18 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 18
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
60-120 mins | SCORM | firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days