The wheel loader is a versatile machine used to help perform everyday tasks. This large, articulated, four-wheel drive machine is used to dig, fill, scoop, lift, carry, and dump material into hoppers, bins, piles, and dump trucks.
The Wheel Loader – Operation & Safety course is designed to help you become a skilled, productive, and safe wheel loader operator. As you work through this course, you'll learn about the machine, how it works, and how to inspect it. You'll also learn how to control and operate the wheel loader.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the importance of the wheel loader on the job site.
• Become familiar with the wheel loader components and controls.
• Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection.
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a wheel loader operator, such as moving material, leveling work areas, and loading trucks.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Review the content of the entire course.
• Overview of wheel loader safety aspects, including safety decals and safety notices.
• Discussion of the importance of reading the operator’s manual.
• Discussion of the importance of wearing personal protective equipment.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Loader
• Identification of the wheel loader’s main components.
• Discussion of bucket positions.
• Discussion of machine capacity.
• Identification of the essential operator controls.
• Identification of instrumentation and gauges.
• Description of warning levels and instruction on what to do should one occur during operation.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Discussion of the importance of a pre-use inspection.
• Description of how to conduct a proper pre-use inspection of the machine.
• Discussion of how to recognize and report any mechanical problems with the wheel loader.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Description of how to start and warm up the machine.
• Description of how to travel in the wheel loader.
• Description of how to level different types of terrain.
• Description of how to park, cool down, and shut down the wheel loader.
Lesson 5: Material Handling
• Discussion of proper bucket loading techniques.
• Discussion of moving a load, including carrying the load at the proper height and traveling on a slope.
• Discussion of dumping a load.
Lesson 6: Loading
• Description of various loading techniques.
• Description of dumping techniques.
• Description of loading trucks and other vessels.
Final Exam – 23 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 23
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
60-120 mins | SCORM | email@example.com
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days